Kuntal Roy - Senior Research Associate
Kuntal Roy holds a Master’s degree in Economics with specialization in econometrics and environmental economics. He is working as a Senior Research Associate at BRIEF since 2015. He has also been associated with RG Foundation in the past. He has more than 10 years of experience in the primary as well as secondary research and data analysis. He has extensive experience in conducting monitoring and evaluation studies as well as environmental impact assessment studies. Kuntal possesses strong analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to handle large and complex datasets and apply cutting-edge economic tools to practical policy problems.
Kuntal has participated in designing and piloting of tools and formats based on project goals and indicators and has conducted primary and secondary research on specified domains. The KRAs include carrying out analysis of survey data, preparing and maintaining databases, conducting data analysis (using SPSS, Advance Excel and SAS) and representing data (in the form of PPTs, etc.).
He has worked in the areas of social, market and political research for the clients like NCAER, World Bank, UNICEF, UNESCO, Dept. of Tourism (GOI), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (GOI), Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPRD) and many more.
Some of her projects & publications include:
- Evaluation of 39 CSS scheme under umbrella program in Agricultural sector across pan India – NITI Aayog
- Evaluation of Implementation of Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM)- Gramin – Ministry of Drinking & Water Sanitation, Punjab
- Evaluation Study on Comprehensive Handloom Cluster Development Scheme (CHDS) – NCAER
- Umbrella Programme for Natural Resource Management (UPNRM) – IL&FS
- Study on Human Development for inclusive and Sustainable Green Growth in Himachal Pradesh – Planning Commission, Government of Himachal Pradesh & UNDP
- Assessment of the Socio-Economic Status of Gujjar’s in Himachal Pradesh – Planning Commission, Government of Himachal Pradesh & UNDP
- Impact of Naxalism on Women & Child related developmental Programs – Ministry of Women & Child Development, GOI