Dr. Kaushik has wide experience of working in the Indian public and private sector, and also exposed to working in multicultural working environment in Europe, South Asia and South East Asia. Dr. Kaushik has a decent record of publications in international and national journals. Additionally, he has been a prolific commentator and writer on variety of contemporary issues. Some of the major research projects independently handled in the past includes- Research project on “Bankruptcy: Laws and Status of SMEs”, for the Federation of Indian Small and Micro-Enterprises. This was part of the larger project on fair competition and competitiveness of SMEs funded by the SIDBI to FISME.
- Major contribution made so far was preparing a position paper on “Barriers to Inter-State Trade & Commerce: The Case of Road Transport”, for the National Commission to Review the Working of the Constitution. The focus of work was on Part XIII- Article 301-307 of the Indian Constitution.
- “IT for the Masses”, funded by Friedrich NaumannStiftung fur die Freiheit (FNF).This project was primarily an impact evaluation study of three pilot projects established for delivering e-services in rural India, each one was initiated by (1) government (2) voluntary sector and (3) public-private initiative.
- Impact evaluation study based on secondary information on “IPR Regime in India under TRIPs Agreement” for making a presentation before the Joint Parliamentary Consultative Committee on Patents. The Indian Crop Protection Association and Indian Drug Manufacturers Association funded this project.
- Research project on “Non-tariff Measures affecting Indian Exports”, for the Commonwealth Secretariat (UK). It covered four sectors, namely pharmaceuticals, light engineering goods, marine products and leather goods. The study included the impact evaluation of non-tariff measures on Indian exports in selected markets.
- Kaushik P. D. & Rao Purnachandra (2010) monograph- “Trading Obstacles for Indian SMEs”, Rajiv Gandhi Institute for Contemporary Studies & Friedrich NaumannStiftung fur die Freiheit.
- Kaushik P. D & Vasudeva P.K. (2008) “Intellectual Capital Contribution by States of India”, Friedrich NaumannStiftung, Rajiv Gandhi Institute for Contemporary Studies & Academic Foundation, New Delhi.
- Kaushik P D &Kaur Simrit (2008) “Economic Freedom of the States in India-2008”, Academic Foundation, New Delhi.
- Kaushik P. D. (2007) “Women Rights: Access to Justice”, Bookwell Publications, New Delhi.
- Kaushik P.D. (2006) “TRIPS Compulsions: India’s Negotiating Agenda”, in B. Debroy & D. Chakrabortyeds., Academic Foundation & RGICS Publication, Academic Foundation, New Delhi.