Arun Goyal is the Director of Academy of Business Studies, a think tank on trade and investment based in New Delhi. With BA (Hons) in Economics, he did his MBA from IIM- Ahmedabad. Some of his key achievements include:
- Established the first and only database on Safeguard, Anti-dumping and Anti-subsidy Case Law in India. The database is updated every day.
- Edited the title “Safeguards, Countervailing & Anti-dumping Measures against Imports & Exports: Commentary, Cases & Text”.
- Edited the state of art compilation WTO in the New Millennium: Commentary, Case Law, Legal Texts over five editions. Personally monitored all six WTO Ministerial starting from Singapore (1996) Geneva (1998), Seattle (1999), Doha (2001), Cancun (2003) and Hong Kong (2005).
- Editing and publishing the Easy Reference Customs Tariff (Now in 32nd edition), the only book giving all four customs duties and import policy against each tariff code and item.
- Nominated as a member of the Rajasthan Chief Ministers Livelihood Mission in October, 2004
- Nominated as member of Task Force on Transaction costs headed by the Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) in December 2004.
- Selected as “International Visitor” by the US Government to study the trade system in US in February 1997. Decorated with the award of ‘Hon. Lt. Governor’ of the State of Oklahoma on 07 February 1997.
- Selected for special course for international participants by European Commission (2002)